Policy & Advocacy
Illinois Collaboration on Youth (ICOY) conducts policy advocacy at the state and federal levels to ensure that children and youth have the tools and skills needed to thrive, and that the organizations and systems serving them have the capacity and necessary resources to be effective. We work to:
- Monitor and influence state and federal policies that affect children, youth, and families.
- Analyze legislation and budgets at the local, state, and federal levels to help ICOY members make informed decisions.
- Influence developments and advancements in child welfare, juvenile justice, and youth services that improve outcomes for children, youth, and families.
- Facilitate an open discourse between public officials and private providers.
- Advocate to build efficiencies and sustain critical community-based child welfare, juvenile justice and youth services.
- Support and bolster local advocacy efforts and provide a collective voice in Springfield for children, youth and families.
Some of our policy priorities are ones in which ICOY is the leading partner or champion, and others are priorities in which we are working as allies in coalition with other partners. As always, there are emerging issues that arise throughout the year with which ICOY will engage when they align with our mission, vision, and values. We remain committed to monitoring the state budget proposals as they develop and will advocate for no cuts to current funding levels, and for adequate resources and investments needed to ensure that children, youth and families have a strong foundation.
Explore Policy & Advocacy
See ICOY’s State and Federal Legislative Priority Areas.
Learn about the volunteers who help shape ICOY’s policy agenda.
See a list of the organizations ICOY partners with to advance our advocacy efforts.