Types of ICOY Membership
ICOY’s Organizational Members provide direct services to children and youth and make up the backbone of ICOY. Many of these organizations are contracted with one or more of Illinois’ state agencies, such as the Department of Children and Family Services, the Department of Human Services, the Department of Juvenile Justice, etc., to provide specific service(s) to Illinois youth.
While our Supporting Partners typically do not provide direct services to children and youth, they have an equally important role to play in our coalition. Supporting Partners include peer associations of ICOY, political advocacy groups, grassroots organizations, and more.
ICOY is a membership association comprised of dozens of different organizations across Illinois that collectively serve hundreds of thousands of young people. To better serve the youth of our state, each ICOY member organization has made a commitment to abide by our community agreements.
We believe that our collective commitment to these agreements will strengthen our ability to carry out our work with the highest degree of integrity and respect, both for those we work alongside as a coalition, as well as those our members serve directly in their work.
These community agreements embody our aspirations, goals, and expectations for engaging with one another. ICOY member organizations must:
- adhere to the principles and standards outlined in ICOY’s mission, vision, and core values in their own work as a service provider in the community
- act in accordance with and affirm the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion as defined in our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
- endorse and support the guiding principles established by the Policy Advisory Committee
- meaningfully participate and engage in ICOY member events, sponsored issues, and advocacy
- engage with other members in good faith and with honesty and respect
- respect any expressed confidentiality related to information received due to membership
If you represent an organization interested in joining ICOY, please fill out the form below and a member of our staff will reach out to set up an introductory meeting!
Email Community Relations and Marketing Manager Conor Van Santen to learn more about the different ways your organization can join or support ICOY.
*ICOY provides subsidized memberships for qualifying community-based organizations through its Equity and Access Fund. To learn more, apply for a subsidized membership, or to make a donation to the fund, click here.
Address: 333 S. Wabash, Suite 2750
Chicago, IL 60604