Introducing Illinois Collaboration on Youth's (ICOY's) 2021 Annual Report
As was the case for all human service organizations, 2021 was a challenging year that required us fundamentally change the way we do our work. We are happy to report that ICOY was able to rise to the occasion and meet the needs of our members and community-providers across Illinois. Here are just some of our achievements in 2021:
- ICOY had major success with our legislative agenda, including passing Medicaid Technical Assistance Center (MTAC), Implicit Bias Training, Racial Disparities Report, and CCBYS Host Home bills.
- We have experienced a huge growth in our capacity building services, strengthening community based organizations with resources, and training to better meet the needs of their communities.
- Training opportunities covered new topics, ranging from DEI on a micro and macro level, working with LGBTQ youth, community and family engagement, and an updated Positive Youth Development Training.
- ICOY welcomed 7 new members for a total of 106 member organizations.
- We began living our mission on a new level by serving as an incubator space for the Rising, Elevating, and Leading (R.E.A.L.) Youth Initiative.
As we enter 2022, we continue to focus on supporting and strengthening Illinois' human service providers' capacity, as they are the network that ensures all of Illinois' children, youth, and families thrive. There are still many challenges ahead as we seek to establish a state culture that values and invests in ensuring all children, youth, and families are healthy, inter-generationally successful, and thriving towards their full potential. However, we're very pleased with the progress made over the last year. We invite you to reflect on this work by exploring our 2021 Annual Report!
Read the Report: View the PDF of the 2021 Annual Report.
Read the Previous Annual Reports: