Introducing Illinois Collaboration on Youth's (ICOY's) 2020 Annual Report
As was the case for all human service organizations, 2020 was a challenging year that required us fundamentally change the way we do our work. We are happy to report that ICOY was able to rise to the occasion and meet the needs of our members and community-providers across Illinois. Some of the key ways we did this in 2020:
- Acted as COVID-19 clearinghouse, disseminating critical operational &funding information from state agencies, & elevating provider questions to state decision-makers for clarification.
- Rapidly transitioned all training & workshops online, hosting 7,900+total attendees,to continue bringing information, knowledge, &capacity to the youth-serving field during COVID-19.
- Advocated for & secured increased dollars in the state FY21 budget forchild welfare providers & several youth-service programs (e.g. CCBYS,CYS, Teen REACH, & Youth Homelessness).
- Joined state-wide initiative to develop strategies for building trauma-informed schools, & trained educators & administrators on trauma-informed practices
- Worked as lead grantee to continue research on an innovativeprogram model that keeps families experiencing parental drug abusetogether safely.
- Rebranded with a new logo, tagline, & website to better communicateour mission & collective voice to lawmakers & stakeholders.
As we enter 2021, we will continue to focus on supporting and strengthening Illinois' human service providers' capacity, as they are the network that helps ensure all of Illinois' children, youth, and families thrive. There are still many challenges ahead of us as we seek to establish a state culture that values and invests in ensuring all children, youth, and families are healthy, inter-generationally successful, and thriving towards their full potential, however, we're very pleased with the progress made over the last year. We invite you to reflect on this work by exploring our 2020 Annual Report!
Read the Report: Click Here to view PDF.