The Illinois Collaboration on Youth (ICOY) works to serve its members in every conceivable way. This includes access to cost-saving opportunities, discounted trainings, policy advocacy, and more.
Whether it is advocating for key legislation, promoting open positions on our job board, offering nonprofit insurance solutions, or providing weekly industry updates, ICOY is wholly dedicated to providing its members with the best service possible.
ICOY member organizations are as diverse in size, programming, and structure as the children, youth, families, and communities they serve. But what they all have in common is a commitment to serve the needs of the children and youth of Illinois—ICOY works for the benefit of its entire membership organization, regardless of budget size. Our member perks are listed below!
ICOY advocates within the legislative and executive branches on behalf of members. Our policy team:
- Monitors, analyzes, and acts on legislation that affects children and youth
- Facilitates an open dialogue between public officials and private providers
- Convenes providers through ICOY’s Policy Advisory Committee (PAC) to shape practices and policies that improve outcomes for children and youth.
ICOY members may take advantage of several discounts and credits. These include:
- 25% off Council on Accreditation (COA) accreditation and re-accreditation fees.
- Discounted rates on electricity and gas for member facilities through APPI Energy
- 20% off BenElevate services to help member organizations recruit and retain their staff by promoting and utilizing the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Check out this webinar for further information.
- 30% off ICOY training, including trainings customized for staff needs on topics such as trauma-informed care, positive youth development, cultural diversity and awareness, and more!
On-Demand Translation With Voyce
We partner with Voyce, a provider of on-demand translation services through applications such as Epic, Zoom, Cisco WebX, and more. Voyce translators are HIPAA-compliant and are trained regularly on medical regulations so that they can provide their services even in sensitive settings.
Voyce offers 243 languages with immediate language interpretation including Chinese Cantonese, Chinese Mandarin, Farsi, Russian, and American Sign Language. They utilize a pay-as-you-go system, meaning members will only pay for the services they use. These services are available at a discounted rate for ICOY members.
Nonprofit Insurance Solutions:
ICOY has partnered with Nonprofit Insurance Alliance (NIA), the leading insurer of the nonprofit sector. In this difficult insurance environment, where many nonprofits are struggling to get the coverages they need, ICOY members now have an excellent new option in insurance providers. Click here to learn more.
Members receive the ICOY Thursday Update, which breaks down the news most pertinent to the child and youth welfare sector, such as:
- Federal, state, and local updates, including applicable changes from the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR) and the Illinois Department of Child and Family Service's DNET
- Relevant Notices of Funding Opportunities (NOFOs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Public Health Updates and trends
- Exclusive updates from the team at ICOY
ICOY’s Virtual Community, which is built on the Slack messaging platform, offers members the opportunity to collaborate, connect, and share information across more than 10 topic-specific channels including:
- Executive leadership
- IYIP providers
- Fundraising and development
- Child welfare & youth service providers, and much more!
Member Event Promotion:
Members are welcome to submit upcoming events to be included in ICOY’s Thursday Briefing. The newsletter is sent to hundreds of emails and has a consistently high open rate.
- Events will be included for two weeks, at maximum.
- The deadline to submit a request is Monday at 5:00 pm for Thursday inclusion. Requests submitted after the deadline will not be included until the following week.
Submit the request three to four weeks before the event date for best results. Click here to submit an event.
Each month, ICOY hosts a member call to discuss industry happenings and share news. Additionally, these calls often feature a presentation from a subject matter expert to discuss relevant topics and issues. Additionally, ICOY hosts in-person events exclusively for the benefit of member organizations and their staff. Member events include:
- Presentations from high-ranking state officials and politicians
- Workshops on relevant issues in the field
- Opportunities to learn more about peer organizations from across the state
- Town Hall-style forums for the purpose of professional networking and development
Need More Information?
Want to see who has already joined us? View our current member list here.
Interested in Joining ICOY? Fill out this form to get an introductory call scheduled.
Check out our FAQ page for more information on ICOY membership and dues.
For any other questions, concerns, or inquiries about ICOY membership, please contact:
How much does it cost to join ICOY?
Use this form to get an idea of how much it would cost for your organization to become a member of ICOY