- This event has passed.
Shifting the Narrative on Abuse and Neglect
July 7, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
Pictured left to right: Lori Welcher, Clare Anderson, Carol Ammons, Vernessa Gipson, Ashley Deckert, Tom Weber, and Tierney Stutz
Join this virtual panel discussion to learn how Illinois can reshape and expand the recognition and understanding of neglect allegations, role of prevention strategies in abuse and neglect, intersection of poverty and maltreatment, and policy solutions moving forward.
This event will be moderated by ICOY Director of Public Policy & Government Affairs Ashley Deckert and will include opening and closing remarks by ICOY CEO Andrea Durbin. The esteemed panelists include:
- Senior Policy Fellow at Chapin Hall Clare Anderson
- Family & Community Advocate, Mentor, and Educator Vernessa Gipson, LMSW
- Illinois Department of Children & Family Services Deputy Director of Intact Family Services Lori Welcher, MSW, LSW,
- Illinois Department of Children & Family Services Chief Deputy Director of Child Protection & State Central Register Tierney Stutz
- Representative Carol Ammons (D-IL) 103rd District
- Representative Tom Weber (R-IL) 64th District
This event is informational and policy-focused. It is not intended to indicate any position with regard to any candidate for political office.